Monday, May 27, 2013

Funny China Moments


Here are several random pictures from daily life in China. I apologize for the poor photo quality, most of these pictures were taken on my phone and while one the move! 

Little stools! Are these for children, you ask? Of course not! Even Chinese grandmas can sit on these! Its getting up thats the problem!


Typical baby stroller. Perfect for the busy street they were on, with cars flying by!



These are the sweetener options at the Starbucks in Wuhan. 



A bouquet of teddy bears. Flowers die. This is much better option, it lasts forever!

When Chinese people eat, they put entire pieces of meat in their mouths, chew it up, and then spit the bones and fat back out onto the table. It is 100% normal here. This happens at nice restaurants as well.

One day Camille and I were standing on the bus and I looked down to see this...a live chicken sitting in a bag right next to our legs!

Dragon parade for a holiday.

Dawn took me to a hot pot restaurant where we sat on swings to eat! 


Hot pot! The red side is spicy and the white side is mild. It reminds of a yin yang. 

Waiting for the bus at school. Camille and I are standing in the sun, while all of the Chinese teachers wait in the shade. They refuse to cross that line until the bus gets there, because they don't want their skin to become "blacker". 

AK 47, this drink has got quite a bang to it! Ok, I'm sorry, that corny joke was the best I could do! But when you buy this drink, you do get a lot of bang for your buck! Ok, really, thats it, I promise!

Chinglish clothes! If you can't see clearly, it says "today is blue....I'm sad. tearsd. love him!" And has a picture of a teddy bear.

Every classroom at school has a blackboard at the back of the room that the students take turns decorating. This is my student, KFC (yes, his English name is KFC). In his words, while pointing to the blackboard, "teacher, beautiful girl, you". His English is limited, but I thought it was so sweet that he drew me in their classroom!

Puffy baby!!! This is one of my all time favorite things in China. Chinese people layer their babies and young children in clothes during the winter. There isn't a plethora of indoor heating around here, so this is necessary to keep them warm. They believe they should have on at least 10 layers of clothes! I kid you not, a Chinese mom told me, at least 10! I like it because the little babies are so puffy that they can't walk. They sort of waddle and when they fall down, they can't get back up! Adorable!

Avatar mannequin. Why not?

I know its hard to tell, but this is actually a dress I saw on my walk home today. 

I have gotten used to many, if not most differences of Chinese lifestyle and have grown to like a lot of them. One thing I just can't get used to is little children peeing and pooping on the street. Oh, your child needs to go to the bathroom? No big deal. Just pick anywhere. And this is why people take their shoes off at the door of their homes and walk around in house slippers! 


No comments:

Post a Comment