Sunday, May 13, 2012

My Surprise trip to America!

Well folks, its been almost two months since I've updated the blog. I know that I am a bit behind, but trust me when I say things have been a little hectic over here, hence the 2 month hiatus from the blogging world. This week, I'm going to try to catch you up on everything thats been happening. Starting with an unplanned and unexpected trip back home!
For those of you who didn't know, my grandfather suffered a stroke and the doctors were fairly certain that he wouldn't make it through, so after being informed of the situation, my family and I decided it was good idea for me to come home for a bit. Obviously, I was filled with mixed emotions. I was sad about what was happening with my paw paw, but couldn't help but be a little excited about getting to return home after 8 months of living in China, even it was only for a week! 
This was the first time I would ever travel alone. I have been fortunate that I have traveled a lot in my life, sometimes with family, other times with friends, and am happy to say that I have never once had a problem. Never once had I missed a flight or lost my luggage or any of the crazy things that could happen. Well what do you know? Its the first time to travel by myself, so of course things should go wrong, right? I missed my first flight out of Wuhan, China by literally 2 minutes because there is a time limit for checking in! Keep in mind that it had been less than 48 hours that I had learned about my paw paw and decided to go home. So naturally, I start crying at the ticket counter asking them for help, what should I do? I had four more planes to catch to get to Lafayette, LA! My boss comes up to help me and talk with the lady at the ticket counter, while I stand there completely useless and sobbing. I look up and across the way, I notice people taking pictures of me on their cell phones! I thought to myself, only in China! Only here would I be crying and someone would think it would be fun to take pictures of the foreigner! Its funny now, but I was not so amused at the time!
Luckily, they were able to get me onto the next flight to Beijing, but low and behold the same thing happens again in Beijing. I am fifteen minutes too late for check-in and cannot board the plane to America. What do you think I do next? I cry...AGAIN! Only now, I am alone in China, without my boss to help me, able to speak minimal Chinese with an airport employee who speaks minimal English! So, my morning (which started at 5 am, I forgot to mention I was running on very little sleep) was spent crying and pr@ying ALOT! I lucked out again, and my entire trip was rerouted and I made it to Lafayette only 5 hours later than I was supposed to! For three planes, I had to go through security 6 times!! I think I must have been flagged at the beginning for being so hysterical and crazy! Just an unlikely theory of mine! 
Anyway, I finally made it to Louisiana in the middle of the night and was beyond excited to see my family! I spent most days at the hospital with paw paw and maw maw, visiting with all of my wonderful aunts, uncles, and cousins. I also got to see a few of my friends! 

The picture didn't come out that great, but I got to spend a night with this amazing girl! Caitlin and I went to get hummus from a Greek restaurant near my house! Eating delicious western food was a high priority during the 7 days I was stateside! Hummus is one of my favorite foods and a tradition for Caitlin and me! 

Hehe this is Caitlin opening some Chinese presents that I brought her! It was so good to see her and spend some quality time together! I even forced her to watch the first episode of my favorite Korean Tv show, City Hunter. I've already mentioned this once on my blog! 



YAY! I was so excited to spend time with my besties, Julie and Allyson! Not to mention, eating Louisiana food! This would be my one and only fixing of boiled crawfish for the year! It was fantastic! 

I even made a trip to Sam's Club with my mom to pick up some much needed supplies for China, including chocolate chips and huge bags of candy for my students! This week, I've been giving my students Laffy Taffys so that they can read the English jokes on the back! 

Even though our family went through a difficult time with paw paw, we still had something to celebrate! My cousin Kristi got married the one weekend I happened to be in America! The picture is of Kristi and me at her rehearsal dinner! I was beyond excited that I could be there with them to celebrate the start of their lives together. Honestly, one of the hardest parts about living in China is missing out on the events of the lives of all of my family and friends back home. I have missed several weddings since being here, so I was thankful that this was one less that I would miss! Theres always a silver lining! 

My sister and I! This trip home was the first time I got to see my sister since HER wedding back in September! 

Beautiful bride and matron of honor!

A few of the bridesmaids!

WEDDING DAY! 

Oh by the way, Kristi and Kraig, I showed my students some of the pictures from your wedding! They wanted to know what I did while I was in America! They really liked seeing them and all said "Oh! Beautiful! Teacher, she is beautiful!" 


A very happy family! Kristi, Kraig, and Laney Comeaux! I am so happy for all of you!

My cousin Chelsea! I love this girl!

My mother, sister and I! 

If you know me really well, you know that one of my favorite things in the world is frozen yogurt. So my last American request was to have frozen yogurt the night before I flew back to China! 

So my amazing cousins Chelsea, Lane, and Jake took me out to Swirl! 

YUM! I wish I could be eating again right now! It was a great way to end my trip to America. 



PAW PAW
Sadly, my paw paw passed away at the age of 84. He was a great man, father, grandfather, and even great grandfather! I love him very much and was sad to see him go already. However, because he loved the L.ord, I KNOW he is in Heaven and I couldn't be happier for him that he is with Father! He now knows what our Creator looks like! How amazing and exciting! I'm even a tiny bit jealous! Paw paw is now happy and pain-free and he gets to be with his loved ones who have gone on before him, including my dad! I will miss him, but am thankful that I got to be there to say goodbye and to be with my family at that time. I know that I am very lucky that I was able to do that. And I know that I will see him again one day! 

The last picture I have with both of my grandparents, taken at my going away party before I moved to China this year! 

Paw Paw with my sister Amanda, my cousins Renee and Blair, and me. 

My grandparents dancing at my sister's wedding in September. 

This was at their 50th wedding anniversary. This June would have made their 62nd year together! Truly amazing and inspiring! 


My paw paw was known best for always and I do mean ALWAYS having a Boudreaux and Thibodeaux joke on hand so to pay tribute....

Boudreaux, Thibodeaux & Hebert all died on the same day and there soles went to Heaven where St Peter met them at the Golden Gates. St Peter looks at them and said “Look Boys You are in Heaven now and there are lots of things to do up here but one thing you can not do is step on my Ducks. Do you understand?” At that moment all three said “Yes we understand Do not step on the ducks.”
Well everything was going well Boudreaux, Thibodeaux & Hebert were so glad to be there. Then it happen Hebert wasn’t paying attention and he step on a duck.

Out of no where St Peter appeared and he had the most grouse ugly woman any one has ever seen. He went up to Hebert and grabs his arm and hand cuff the woman to Hebert and said “Your punishment will be that you will spend eternity with this woman.
Boudreaux & Thibodeaux looked at each other and Boudreaux said “Be careful where you step.” They were careful for a while and then it happen again Thibodeaux was backing up and shore enough he step on a Duck.
Out of no where St Peter appeared and he had the most grouse ugly woman any one has ever seen. He went up to Thibodeaux and grabs his arm and hand cuff the woman to Thibodeaux and said “Your punishment will be that you will spend eternity with this woman.
Boudreaux said “That won’t happen to me.” And for years he never steps on a Duck.
Then One day out of no where St Peter came from the heavens and picked up Boudreaux by his arm. Boudreaux didn’t understand just what he did for this to be happening. Then Boudreaux and St Peter came down next to the most beautiful woman Boudreaux has ever seen. St Peter went up to Boudreaux and grabs his arm and hand cuff the woman to Boudreaux and this time he didn’t say a thing.
Boudreaux just looked at the woman and said “What was that all about?”
She said “I don’t know? One minute I am walking along and by accident I step on a Duck and then this happens.”

(Just to clarify, I didn't write this, just found it online!)



1 comment:

  1. It's so exciting to read your blog!!!! I love to hear all the great things taking place . Well.... I hear congrats is in order!!!!! You're returning to China!!!!!! I will miss you BIG, but Praise the Father that you are answering the call!!!!! I'm so proud of you and Camille for all you are doing to further His kingdom. Father calls upon each of us to act in accordance with His will and with respect for His commandments. If we are responsible believers, we must realize that it is never enough simply to hear the instructions of Father; we must also live by them. Thank you and Camille for being obedient for the Kingdom of Father is not just fancy talk; it is living by Father's power.
    I LOVE YOU!!!!!!! Maddy

    ReplyDelete