Tuesday, March 6, 2012

More Stories for you


Camille and I spent the day over at the Randall's home! We don't teach on Mondays, so beside from our hip hop class that night and lesson planning, we don't have anything to do! This past Monday, we went over to the Randall's for lunch, cotton candy, donuts, and a movie! It was a lot of fun! I really enjoy being with this family!

The girls have a cotton candy machine! I didn't even know these existed! Grace and Mercee making the first one!

Camille's turn!



My turn!


I actually don't like cotton candy, so I gave mine to Ms. Cheri. I just wanted to make one for the fun of it!




Mercee also has a donut machine, that makes tiny donuts. She really enjoys cooking and usually helps her mom make us delicious treats for Ch.u.rch every week.
Preparing the batter for us!





Camille and I helped by putting on the frosting. And yes, she is using chopsticks to dip the donuts! We have discovered many wonderful uses for chopsticks since moving here!



The finished product! YUM!


This past weekend was quite busy for me! On Saturday morning, I met with some of my Grade 2 students to teach them American English phonetic symbols. Normally, the students are in school on Saturday mornings and all day Sunday, but Grade 2 had a huge exam that Thursday and were given the weekend off to rest. The few students I met with were trying to persuade me to go to Ktv with them that afternoon. I had told them maybe, because I wasn't sure if I would have time. Just so you know, maybe is not an option here in China. It is either yes or no, and if you say maybe, everyone assumes that means YES! They cleverly guilt-tripped me by saying they already told all of their classmates about it over QQ (similar to instant messenger and facebook) and the students were so excited! Naturally, I forced Camille to come with me and we spent the afternoon singing Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift songs with my students! Only in China!
On Sunday morning, I very happily took one of my students, Lily, to a Chinese Catholic Ch.u.rch for service. This was her first time to go to ch.u.rch and my first time at a Chinese one! I don't want to write too much about this, but just wanted to share with y'all how much Father is working here! Please continue to pry for His work here and to pry for Lily! She has so many questions for me about my faith and Father! Please pry that she continues to ask questions and seeks Him out! She is such a blessing and I am so grateful to be a part of all that He is doing here!


Ok, one more random story for you....since it has been gloomy here in Huangshi for the past couple of weeks, Camille and I have basically become hermits held up in our rooms, because it is the only warm place for us to stay! We have spent a lot of free time watching TV. Camille's student was trying to convince her to watch a Korean TV show, City Hunter, for days. Cam finally gave in and to please her student, decided to watch one episode to be able to tell her student that she watched it! Well, one episode was all it took and Camille was hooked! The next day, she was going on and on about this show and how interesting it was and that I should watch it. I was busy trying to plan my lessons, so I was just politely nodding and smiling, thinking to myself "I really don't care about this show, I'm just trying to finish working!" Well, Cam started watching the show while I was sitting next to her working, and somehow I became so intrigued that I eventually gave up on my lesson and joined her. Keep in mind, that the show is in Korean with English subtitles, so I became intrigued just by hearing the music and way they were talking! We are full fledged addicts now! There are 20 episodes and we only have one more to watch! We just started watching it 10 days ago! We are really hoping we have time today to finish watching! Anyway, I highly recommend the show to everyone, it is so good! You can even watch in on Hulu but sometimes their English subtitles weren't as good as other websites we've watched it on...they don't always make sense! 


We are leaving in just a few hours to go to Beijing to meet my mom and Mr. Bud, who are on their way right now to visit us! Camille and I are so excited to see some familiar faces from back home! We are all spending a few days in Beijing to do the touristy thing and then we are taking my mom and Bud back to Huangshi for the week! I am excited for them to see where I live and how I live now in China! I won't be able to post for the next couple of weeks, but I'll be sure to update you about their trip to China!



No comments:

Post a Comment