Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Christmas Post (part 1)

Although the week leading up to Christmas was a slight bit rough… Camille and I were both sick with the world’s worst stomach virus  (we like to refer to it as the “death disease” because it was that bad), the actual Christmas weekend was really fun and memorable.  These are all of the pictures from our Christmas celebration here in China.  Enjoy!

I had fun things planned for the students but the death disease knocked me on my but so there are no pictures from the week before Christmas. Luckily, after about 5 days Camille and I did feel well enough to invite the girls over to make gingerbread houses! Thanks to Cam’s mom we had a festive night with music, hot chocolate, and friends! I’m cheesy, I know!






All the bloggers taking pictures for their blogs!

Mixing up the icing!

hard at work!



My house!



Chelsie’s peppermint cottage.



Dawn’s work of art!



Camille and her gingerbread outhouse.



Erin’s church.




A gingerbread village!


 CHRISTMAS CARDS


Dawn, our best Chinese friend, is amazing!  I know I have said this before, but we really wouldn't survive without her.  She stayed after making gingerbread houses to help us write Christmas cards in Chinese.  We baked cookies to deliver to people in our lives here in China that mean so much to us, even if they don't know it and wanted to give them a Christmas card that they could read.  Two of them are our regular street vendors, jaozi (dumplings) lady and sweet potato man.  We also brought them to our guards at the school, who are so sweet and are always looking out for us.  Lastly, to our hip hop teacher whose class we take twice a week and love!  All of them were so surprised and appreciative of the cookies and card, especially since it was written in Chinese!


1 comment:

  1. Lesley, I hope you have a wonderful break and a super fun time traveling. Soak up lots of sunshine!! :) I'm sorry I haven't seen you for so long. I hope we can get together soon after you return and spend some quality time together! Love, Becca

    ReplyDelete